THE Metropolitan Fire Service wants the community to ensure home air-cooling equipment is serviced before hot weather arrives.
MFS and Country Fire Service firefighters have attended 84 fires caused by air-conditioners, evaporative coolers and fans in South Australia since 2013.
Kadina MFS firefighter Leighton Giles said local crews would attend one or two air-conditioner fires on the Copper Coast each year.
To view full articles in the CURRENT issue click HERE and follow the prompts to subscribe to YPCT-E.
For all previous issues please contact our office on 8821 1155.