Making sure kids are fire safe

THE South Australian Metropolitan Fire Service is urging parents and caregivers to ensure matches and lighters are always kept out of reach of children.

“Firefighters continue to respond to accidental fires caused by children curiously playing with matches and lighters,” MFS assistant chief fire officer of community safety and resilience Colin Lindsay said.

“Recently, a family had their Christmas ruined after a young child found a cigarette lighter lying around and played with it.

To view full articles in the CURRENT issue click HERE and follow the prompts to subscribe to YPCT-E.
For all previous issues please contact our office on 8821 1155.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.