Friday, 24 November 2017
BURNED OUT... The Walters Street, Port Wakefield, home after it caught fire on Sunday morning. The blaze was sparked by a clothes dryer and caused about $500 000 damage to the building. BURNED OUT... The Walters Street, Port Wakefield, home after it caught fire on Sunday morning. The blaze was sparked by a clothes dryer and caused about $500 000 damage to the building.

House destroyed in Wakefield blaze

A MAN has died after his home caught fire in Port Wakefield on Sunday.

The CFS arrived at the Walters Street house, split into two semi-detached units, as smoke billowed from the building just after 11am.

It is believed a clothes dryer malfunction started the blaze.

To view full articles in the CURRENT issue click HERE and follow the prompts to subscribe to YPCT-E.
For all previous issues please contact our office on 8821 1155.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.