ZERO-ROW SPACING... Swan Hill grower Leigh Bryan uses splash plates fitted to his planter to randomly spread 35 per cent of seeds on the soil surface to achieve zero-row spacing. ZERO-ROW SPACING... Swan Hill grower Leigh Bryan uses splash plates fitted to his planter to randomly spread 35 per cent of seeds on the soil surface to achieve zero-row spacing.

Experimenting with zero-row spacing

EXPERIMENTAL Swan Hill grain grower Leigh Bryan has been testing the potential of zero-row spacing to combat weeds in paddocks during the past three years.

During the trial, Mr Bryan has used a planter fitted with splash plates which spread 35 per cent of seeds at random and the remaining 65 per cent sown conventionally down the tube.

Mr Bryan said the operation is also faster, helping throw sufficient soil to ensure the seeds spread on the surface can germinate.

To view full articles in the CURRENT issue click HERE and follow the prompts to subscribe to YPCT-E.
For all previous issues please contact our office on 8821 1155.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Bridgestone Tyre Centre
Kadina Jewellers
Royal Exchange Hotel
Copper Coast Auto Electrical
Larwoods
Kadina Travel
YP Community Transport
Moonta Newsagency
Peninsula Plumbing
Yorke Valley Hotel
Maitland Foodland
Kadina Heating
JD Southwood
Wallaroo Pizza and Pasta
Metal As Anything
Copper Coast Garage Doors
Remsco
Spiderman YP
Coast Road Motors
Kadina Hotel
Loctite Self Storage
Desmond's Meat Service
Ziersch Cabinetmakers
YP Marine
Sails
Optom All Vision Care
Minlaton Engineering
SYP Motors
Saltwater Cafe
Sportspower
Crowell Concrete
Protea Auto
Maitland Marine Services
Copper Coast Hotel
Star Of The Sea