Yeah nah, you’re right, I don’t get it either but former professional Rugby Union player and bachelor Nick “Honey Badger” Cummins won fans over early with his Aussie larrikin behaviour and those epic one-liners.
Examples include “Busier than a one-armed brick layer in Baghdad with an itch”, “Nervous as a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs”, “I’m absolutely tin-fruited”.
See he made about as much sense throughout the season as he did in the epic fail of a finale!
I’ll give you a quick low-down of events prior to my heart breaking into a million pieces.
- 1. Honey Badger meets 20 women (Heads up he doesn’t like any of them)
- 2. Honey Badger talks nonsense, “I was like a rat up a drainpipe”
- 3. Honey Badger gets rid of mean girls (Cat from Bali, she sucked)
- 4. Strange intruders arrive and no one likes intruders
- 5. Multiple grand dates that wouldn’t happen in real life (waiting for my helicopters and hot air balloons)
- 6. Honey Badger falls in love with Brooke who is gorgeous and down to earth
- 7. Brooke walks out, gobsmacking the whole of Australia
- 8. Final two girls meet the fam on an exotic island which is very original
- 9. Osher continues to be chirpy because he loves, love
- 10. Honey Badger dumps both girls in a huge heartbreaker and failed finale
- The End.
We invested time and emotion into old mate and how does he repay us?
By dumping both girls claiming he’s just not ready for a relationship.
Sorry to burst your bubble but that’s the ENTIRE aim of the show! (Obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.)
At least the girls scored a free holiday and a few hundred more Instagram followers. That’s the real aim of the show, right?
As for the Honey Badger he conveniently fled the country, probably burying himself in a hole like his furry name sake.
“Just like that kid that fell out the tree you know, he just wasn’t in it.”
*Insert hysterical weeping and or laughing* What a joke.